Saturday, November 8, 2008

True Class

Ya know, I've been on here talking about my vote for Barack Obama. My belief in his plans, etc etc etc. When I look back on some comments that were made by myself and by my family, I wish it could all have had some more class.

I wanted to share this video with all of you. Not because it's John McCain conceding to Barack Obama. But I think it's important to see the complete class this guy has during this speech. I wish some of the people that attended this speech woudl have had the same class, as I'm sure he does as well.

But boy were his words inspiring. This is a rare moment when we hear someone state his opposition to his rival, but his love for his country and support for the new President. By support I mean dedication to helping, not nessecarily with Obama's opinions.

I can only hope that Barack Obama takes advantage of John McCain and his willingness to assist with the new administration that will be sworn in in January.

It is a huge honor for Barack Obama to have won this election. I'm sure he knows that. But the honor is only magnified by having someone as respectiable as John McCain. I may have my opinions on what John McCain's policies. But I will never try and state he is not a respectable man.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, Brian. It was an awesome speech.

Anonymous said...

that was an great speech. More people need to be like that! It takes a lot of courage to get up infront of an entire nation and make that.