Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dude




It was freaking awesome seeing a black man sworn in as president. Very cool considering 45 years ago Dr. King was giving a speech on the mall in Washington fighting for equal rights for black people of this country. It's such a cool feeling to see how far we've come as a country. It gives me so much hope that we will continue to move forward with so many other aspects of our politics, economy, social, etc etc. I have faith that we will figure out this health care thing, this climate thing, this gay rights thing, pro life, etc etc. I'm anxious to see where our new President will take us. I really hope things move forward for the better.






I found this picture on the internet and think it's just incredible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing.

J.Washburn said...

The next couple of years are going to be tough, but I think Obama, and America, can make it through. It is definitely exciting!