Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Too much !!!!!!!!

It's days like this that make me wonder why I choose to work as a "freelance music business" guy. I mean, is that even a real career? Here's what I do:
  • Teach high school drumline
  • Give LOTS of private lessons
  • I have a tiny little camp company, Coast to Coast Performance
  • Arrange music for a show at Hersheypark
  • Perform at Hersheypark in the summer
Honestly, is this even a real career? Is this something I can build a solid future on? The only thing I'm involved with that has potential to be something cool woudl be my camp company. But that is doing AWFUL this year. no one wants to spend money on anything. It's brutal.

I have given thoughts to pursuing something with Hershey. It's here in Central PA, and I think I would be really good at it. Hmm......who knows.

But for now, I will get back to my "not so real" career. I have way too much to do today. Like everyday, I put WAY to much on me to get done.

Time to write music, get on the phone, and continue exchanging emails with weaver about indoor. It's amazing how much indoor drumline has consumed my life. I never thought I would be this in to it. But I must say, I enjoy it!

No comments: