Saturday, July 5, 2008

My wife

Once again I am at work about an hour early. I woke up early with
Megan this morning. I got bored at home, so I hit up Dunks and headed
to Hershey. I actually enjoy arriving early. It's nice to sit in the
theatre and listen to music.

My wife continues to amaze me everyday. I feel so undeserving. There
is never a moment when I'm with her that I wish I was somewhere else.
What a blessing! I feel like I could be a much better husband. It's
easy to think that when you are married to someone so wonderful.

Shuffle just took me to Norah Jones. Good stuff.

Anyway, I hope I can live up to what she gives ne everyday. She's great.

I'm going to be 30 next month and I can't help but reflect on the last
10 years of my life. What a ride. I can't even begin to describe the
array of emotions I have felt since 1998. I was in college then.
Things were very different. I remember telling myself, and everyone
around me, what I would be doing when I'm 30.

Well I'm not exactly doing any of that. But there are many things I
never thought I would experience that I have. Touring the country
playing in a band. Starting a business. Moving to San Diego. Moving to
LA. Moving to New Hampshire! Moving to Pennsylvania. Taking a 3 year
hiatus from any kind of performing whatsoever. Being back on stage. In
Hershey PA!

And there is so much more.

I am very curious/nervous about what the next 10 years will bring.

I'm always around people who have had a "plan" for their lives since
they were freshmen in high school. And they follow it exactly. I see
them now and they have followed it exactly. Should I be jealous? Or
should I be happy that I have always been so free spirited? Maybe I
should now find a balance between the 2?

Shuffle has taken me to "Fix You" by Coldplay. Very good stuff.

Last line if the song was,
"Well if you never try, you'll never know just what you're worth."

Well there's one thing I have done is try.

God will provide. He always has.

I could write forever. For now, I will see where shuffle takes me.

1 comment:

matthew smith said...

dude~

you, like me, are way out of your league with your spouse. have a good one.