Sunday, October 21, 2007

back home

Well we made it home safe and sound. We are blessed as usual. Megan spent time getting our apartment clean, while I went and did some laundry. Tonight is a HUGE night for the Red Sox. It's game 7 in the ALCS series against the Indians. If the Red Sox win tonight, they are going to the World Series! Holy crap that would be awesome! I'm so nervous I almost don't want to watch.

I have to thank my buddies from Recycled Percussion for showing me the passion of being a Red Sox fan. I became a fan before they ever won the World Series. It was 2003 actually. I started following sometime in May that year. Then came October. I was hooked. And then that piece of crap Bucky Dent. We won't talk about that. But next year was a miracle. And I hope to see another miracle this year. Wow!

Pittsburgh was fun. The football team actually played well! And, we FINALLY went to a Tailgate party in the lot before the game. We've been to thousands of games it feels like, and never to ONE tailgate.




After the game we took the shuttle back to the hotel. Then jumped in the Durango and headed to the Waterfront to see Dan in Real Life. It was incredible. Steve Carell was amazing. So genuine, and funny, and smart. I was hoping to NOT see the Steve Carell from The Office. The Office is one of the best shows that has ever existed. But I was hoping to see a side of his acting ability that would prove he's truly gifted in all areas. And he is! I can say the same for Dane Cook. He was great in the film also.

I have about a million pictures on my computer. I've decided to post a random picture on each of my blogs. It's too hard to choose which picture to talk about. So most of the time, there won't be any caption.

Here's one from over 3 years ago. I hope Dane Cook is around forever.

No comments: