Monday, October 29, 2007

Megan's Parents

Well my boss decided to buy a new computer for someone in the office. The old computer was brand new in 2002. It has had numerous upgrades and clean ups, etc etc. It's a PC with a Windows XP OS. My boss told me that once everything was transfered over, they were simply going to throw the old computer in the dumpster. My first reaction was to offer to throw it away myself. I would take pleasure in tossing an old crappy PC in the trash.

But then I realized that Megan's parents don't own a computer. They have actually never even used one. Her mom has only ever typed on a typewriter. And her dad, has NEVER typed.

Even tough it pains me to no end, I think the right thing to do is give the computer to her parents. The only thing they will ever do, is look up simple websites on the internet, and use AOL mail. The computer is in good enough shape to handle all of that.

I just had it in my mind that we would show up one day with an iMac just for them. I can't imagine ever getting anything other then a Mac. They just.....make sense.

That's it for now.

Oh by the way, Megan and I were at Giant that other day (the local fancy smancy grocery store) and I saw a very cool car in the parking lot. It was an old Mercedes station wagon. Diesel engine. But the great thing is that it had a Biodiesel sticker on the back. I walked up and noticed that it had an extra tank in the back! This thing runs on Vegetable Oil! So awesome. I watched a special on this once. It was an episode I downloaded from iTunes of a station called Greentv. This guy can go to Mcdonalds and pick up all of their used Vegetable Oil. Then he can use it to fuel his engine. It doesn't get much better then that.

Oh and by the way, it had California plates!!!

ok well I'm rambling

Adios!!!

No comments: