Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Great song by the band Something Corporate.




I can't imagine all the people that you know 
and the places that you go 
When the lights are turned down low 
and I don't understand all the things you've seen 
but I'm slipping in between 
You and your big dreams 
It's always you 
In my big dreams 
And you tell me that its over 
wake up lying in a patch of four leaf clovers 
and your restless 
and im naked 
you gotta get out 
you cant stand to see me shakin 
no 
could u let me go? 
i didnt think so 
and youi dont wanna be here in the future 
so you say the presants just a pleasant interuption to the past 
and you dont wanna look much closer 
cause ur afriad to find out all this hope 
you had sent into the sky by now had 
crashed 
and it did 
because of me 

and then you bring me home 
afraid to find out that your alone oh 
and im sleeping in your living room 
but we dont have much room to live 

and i had these dreams in them i learned to play guitar 
maybe cross the country 
become a rock star 
and there was hope in me that I could take you there 
but damnit you're so young 
well i dont think i care 
and if i hurt you 
then im sorry 
please dont think that this was easy 

and then you bring me home 
cause we both know what its like to be alone oh 
and im dreaming in your living room 
but we dont have much room to live 

and konstantine is walking down the stairs 
doesnt she look good 
standing in her underware 
and i was thinking 
what i was thinkin 
we've been drinkin and it doesnt get me anywhere 
my konstantine came walking down the stairs 
and all that i could do was touch her long blond hair 
and ive been thinkin 
but it hurts me thinking 
that these nights when we were drinking 
no they never got us anywhere 
no 

this is because i can spell confusion with a 'K' 
and i can like it 
its to dying in anothers arms 
and why i had to try it 
its to jimmy eat world 
and those nights in my car 
when the first star you see 
may not be a star 
im not your star 
isnt that what you said 
what you thought this song meant 

and if this is what it takes 
just to lye with my mistakes 
and live with what i did to you 
all the hell i put you through 
i always catch the clock 
its 11:11 
now you wanna talk 
its not hard to dream 
you'll always be my konstantine 
my konstantine 
they'll never hurt you like i do 
no they'll never hurt you like i do 
no,no,no, no, no, no, no, no 

this is to a girl 
who got into my head 
with all the pretty things she did 
hey 
ya know 
you keep me up in bed 
this is to a girl 
who got into my head 
with all these fucked up things i did 
hey 
maybe 
baby you could keep me up in bed 
my konstanine 

you spin around me like a dream 
we played out on this movie screen 
and i said 
did u know i missed you(x7) 
i miss you 

and then you bring me home 
and we go to sleep 
but this time not alone 
and i know 
and you'll kiss me in your living room 
i know 
i know you miss me in your living room 
cuz these nights i think 
maybe that i miss you in my licing room 
but we dont have much room 
i said does anybody need that room 
because we all need a little more room 
to live 

my konstantine... 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it weird that i have this song memorized..?