Saturday, May 3, 2008

Work

I woke up this morning and wanted to roll over and go back to bed.  I was telling myself that I'm too tired to get up.  I just wanted to rest.  Then I told myself that I didn't want to go to work.

What am I thinking?!?!

My job right now is to play drums.  I have to show up, play drums for a few hours, and then go home.  Why would I NOT want to do that?  So I decided to change my attitude and be excited about how fortunate I am.  

Regardless of my job, I need to realize how fortunate I am.  I'm healthy (well I could lose a few pounds!), I have an incredible wife, and I have wonderful friends.  What is there to be upset about?

Usually the first thing I do in the morning it turn on Sportscenter, and then I read cnn.com.  The vast majority of the headlines are bad news.  So depressing.  It does help bring things into perspective though.  We are so fortunate.

And to make things even better, my call time is 11:45am.  And I'm done at 4pm.  That's pretty awesome.

Pray for me tonight as I drive 3 1/2 hours to Wildwood, NJ.  I'm going to surprise the drumline I teach.  Today is their Championships, and because of my gig at Hershey, I can't make it.  They've been there for 2 days.  It's driving me nuts that I'm not there with them!  Well they don't perform until about 10:30pm tonight.  

Now the question is, do I leave tonight around 1am to come back to my house?  Or do I leave around 7am tomorrow morning?

hmm......

No comments: