Saturday, November 10, 2007

up...so late....so so late

Well it just seems that we are destined to stay up late.....every single night.  It's almost 1am, and I don't see us getting into bed any time soon.  Tonight was a big project that we have been trying to get done FOREVER!  But it is just about done.  Megan is working hard on her part of it.  And my job....blogging.  I have become somewhat addicted to blogging.  I'm curious how long it will last.  I think it may last a for a while.  It's so easy to update.  I got into the Myspace thing for a bit.  But that died down.  Too much to handle.  Blogging is easier.
Tomorrow is ACC's.  Marching band championships.  It's a fairly big deal.  Well to some of the people who teach in this area, it's like they're at the Olympics.  But, it's a nice little championships a few bands in this part of the country.  I don't think Mechanicsburg will ever try and become a nationally competitive marching band.  Like in BOA or something.  But Weaver and I are going to take the drumline to the national level.  I won't be satisfied unless we are competing at the world level in WGI every year.  Right now, we are a big fish in a VERY small pond.  Now don't get me wrong, the band is good.  The drumline is good.  We might even be competitive nationally if we went to Dayton now.  But I want this group to become known across the country.  Like Mission, Dartmouth, Centergrove, etc etc.  Weaver is the guy to work with too.  He has it figured out.  Not only is he a great writer and arranger, he's a great teacher.  His goals and objectives are the same as mine.  I see myself learning from him every day.  I really enjoy it.  I feel like I have so much to offer, and so much to learn.  It's a perfect balance.
But this weekend should be fun.  I don't put too much pressure on myself because ACC's is not a very big deal to me.  I know that sounds awful, but it really just isn't.  Once we are competing against the BEST groups in the ENTIRE country, it will feel like a big deal to me.  ACC's means something to me for the kids.  They work so hard over the fall season, and it's nice to have a championship show to bring it all together.  
Well here is a cool blast from the past.  Good stuff!!

No comments: